Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monthly Environment Art Challenge - March & April 2017 (47)

Replies

• Democles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Democles polycounter lvl 7
    Welp, heres my final image for the hard surface challenge. I got as much done as I could with the time I had left and over all I'm pretty happy with it. The proportions of the block-in look very different from the final image despite all of the models and placements being identical. I couldn't get the camera in unity to match what I had in the Maya scene since unity (as far as I can tell) doest have settings for focal length. All in all, got some more experience with substance painter, learned some new stuff with Unity's lighting system and made had fun doing it. I'd love to get some feedback and cant wait to see what everyone else comes up with!
  • kadeschui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kadeschui greentooth
    Great work this Challenge all! Everyone has produced some truly inspiring work :)

Please have a look at our next Challenge for May & June in this thread !!
  • plord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    plord polycounter lvl 5
    Aaand some more shots of the second turret, some wire, wip.gif and more shots on my Arstation :)

@CrimsonIndustry Yeah man, this wasn't the easiest model for creating (on the begining I tought it will be easier then the first one.. it wasn't :D). Still, your model looks pretty cool, of course its lack of finish but proportions are good, details pieces are good, you know what are your weak sides (thats the best outcome from every artwork imo) so you know what to fix to push your work further. Find out what You want to do (games, movies) and read about it, watch tutorials, do modeling and You will wait no time for the results (maybe a bit haha) :)

@Navi271 Thanks man! Yeah, baking can take You sometimes the whole working day, very often I tend to fix stuff that is invisible under the textures :D Your piece looks awesome, for me its much better than original in-game version.