Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Final Fantasy VIII Ifrit

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
RavenA polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone! This is a model I've recently worked on that I'd like to show. I've been working on this for awhile now, so I've recently took a break to work on other projects. Any comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!

Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite of the series and one of my favorite games I've every played. I've always wanted to try my hand at modeling one of the summons and it's been a really fun experience so far.

Reference: 

Replies

• ArtisanDragon
    Ifrit looks quite nice so far :) I'd recommend to look at Tetsuya Nomura's artwork as a reference too if you haven't already, it could help with finding the detail of the pattern of Ifrit's arm bracers. You could also try looking at references of lions for Ifrit's face as well since I think that canine teeth are a little far back in his mouth. I hope this helps :)
  • stororokw
    Offline / Send Message
    stororokw polycounter lvl 3
    I think the head needs some work. I always thought that Ifrit's face looked like a demon lion/bat, but right now Iam getting a rat orge vibe.
    Things that might be causing this are the long tongue, flat skull, small forehead, strange teeth, and lumpy bumpy face.