Home Career & Education

Switched country (been in uk for 8 months) cant find job in industry (need advice)

JT^
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
JT^ polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys,
I never thought i will be writing something like this as i had/have full confidence in my skills (current/learning) but i fail to win a job in the gaming industry here in uk.
I was working in a game studio called 'Frag Games' (mobie/Pc) in Pakistan, after working 3 years for them i achieved the role of a senior artist over there, I also am a member of community staff for quixel so thought that it wont be that hard for me to grab a job in uk ( as its way better than Pak ) but i am constantly failing at getting one, and maybe im doing something wrong or missing something.
I did get interviewed at a few places but in the end its a no.
I am thinking to get a masters degree (very expensive) if it makes any difference.

here is my portfolio if you guys can have a look and suggest me what will be the best thing to do in this situation because frustration level has now touched the sky for me.

https://www.artstation.com/artist/jawadtariq

Regards,
Jawad.

Replies

• DeathstrokeFTW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathstrokeFTW polycounter lvl 4
    Hi! I graduated in July last year from UK and came back to Pakistan hoping to apply for a job at home or abroad but ive had no luck... I believe I lack work experience because ive never had a job before. Ive applied to studios in Pakistan but no one has replied. 
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    You need high quality environments. 

Look at the studios you want to work at. Find artists who work there. Look at their portfolios. Hit the quality that they have in their portfolio.