Home Technical Talk

What should I use to render a PBR 3D environment?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Ariannwyn polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys!

I am a moderately experienced 3D artist, and I am planning on doing the new Artstation Challenge (whatever that topic will be) and I decided to try to tackle a 3D Environment. I have made environments at my work before, but not the full thing on my own.

I am trying to do as much planning and prep work for the challenge as I can, and I was wondering what would be the best way to render my 3D scene. 
The programs I typically use are Blender, 3D Coat, Unity, Photoshop, and I own the Substance suite even though I don't really know how to use it.

I don't know how to use Unreal, and I can't spend the money on Marmoset.  With the challenge being a two-month thing, I don't think I will have much time to learn a new program (oh, and my wedding and honeymoon will be mixed in there as well - yay lol).

What would you suggest for me to use? I am leaning towards Unity except I honestly have not been super pleased with the results. I think if I did that, post processing would be a must (Which it might be anyway, what do I know lol)

Your wisdom and advice is appreciated!
Emily/Ari

Replies