Home Technical Talk

Is it possible to create a Game like Planetside 2 but with Star citizen graphics? Using lumberyard

vertex
Offline / Send Message
skyboyfly vertex
So, I was just curious if it'd be possible to create a game as big as planet side 2, but with like a full planet with multiple maps that make up the planet (Meaning I know that it's almost impossible to actually have an entire planet made and actually accessible , so rather than that, have different maps (3-5) on the planet that are the predefined accessible areas),but anyways as I said before, with multiple maps that make up the planet and having seamless outer space battles. What I mean by all of this is that different maps on the planet that players could seamlessly go in and out of the different maps into outer-space seamlessly having battles the whole time doing so , and then flying around the entire world, going through real-time battle fields in outer-space, and then being able to fly into other maps (AKA other sections/parts of the world) seamlessly,  so basically what i want to know if its possible to have seamless battles between outer space around a entire planet, all the way into the different branches of the atmosphere (Sky's of the map) down all the way to the ground. And then to top this off, I was wandering if you could actually have tarraformed landscapes, meaning explosions, gun fire and more, can alter terrain, and buildings ( like from battle field) in different sessions ranging from 1 hours all the way to 24 hours, with having max settings look like star citizen, and it still be able to work on a 4gb computer (EVEN if it's on lowest graphics, making it look like Ark: survival evolved on all the lowest settings) So with all this being said, can a game like this of this magnitude be done? And if you do know how could I make an entire world with different maps on a planet and still have seamless battles (And only those parts of the map players can go on) in amazon lumberyard

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly said:
    So, I was just curious if it'd be possible to create a game as big as planet side 2, but with like a full planet with multiple maps that make up the planet (Meaning I know that it's almost impossible to actually have an entire planet made and actually accessible , so rather than that, have different maps (3-5) on the planet that are the predefined accessible areas),but anyways as I said before, with multiple maps that make up the planet and having seamless outer space battles. What I mean by all of this is that different maps on the planet that players could seamlessly go in and out of the different maps into outer-space seamlessly having battles the whole time doing so , and then flying around the entire world, going through real-time battle fields in outer-space, and then being able to fly into other maps (AKA other sections/parts of the world) seamlessly,  so basically what i want to know if its possible to have seamless battles between outer space around a entire planet, all the way into the different branches of the atmosphere (Sky's of the map) down all the way to the ground. And then to top this off, I was wandering if you could actually have tarraformed landscapes, meaning explosions, gun fire and more, can alter terrain, and buildings ( like from battle field) in different sessions ranging from 1 hours all the way to 24 hours, with having max settings look like star citizen, and it still be able to work on a 4gb computer (EVEN if it's on lowest graphics, making it look like Ark: survival evolved on all the lowest settings) So with all this being said, can a game like this of this magnitude be done? And if you do know how could I make an entire world with different maps on a planet and still have seamless battles (And only those parts of the map players can go on) in amazon lumberyard

LODs.
  • skyboyfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyboyfly vertex
    skyboyfly said:

LODs.
    Yes, I know, but it's the fact of how I could have all that data on a server with probably around 2500-5000 players, and have that star citizen detail
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    ...  Good luck!
    Superb