Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Cannon Prop (Beginner Proyect)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Gerof polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone!, i´m new to this, and i have been told that nothing helps more than giving and receiving good critique.
I want to show you my version of the Philipp Schmidt, (hi Philipp, thank you!), tutorial, found in 3D Motive as "Cannon Texturing in Substance". I had some trouble with the wood, but i think i´m in the right way.
I would appreciate if you could share any substance knowledge or tips in texturing in general.

Thank you all! have a great week.

Replies

• Gerof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gerof polycounter lvl 3
    Back home i realized that it looks quite different in marmoset than the one in substance painter, any idea? may it be the export or the light?, i would appreciate any suggestions.

Nice day everyone!
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Solid asset choice, I cant say for sure what your problem is but somethings going on with your normals at least of that I am sure, try flipping Y, its most often the culprit when something is inveted between apps, beyond that are you using a spec gloss workflow as is more "native" or default to marmoset? or a PBR metalness roughness? if the latter its worth testing it in UE4 imo (you may need to flip the green/Y channel there too)
  • Gerof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gerof polycounter lvl 3
    Hi James! thank you for your help, really appreciate it....

I Checked what you told me and you where right, i had to invert Y in the normal map, that set it right. As for the workflow i was following the PBR metalness roughness one, so i set it in UE4 and it worked just fine, except for the "shine" of the metal part, i do not know if it´s the metalness map or the roughness one that´s giving me the strange result.

Here is the Marmoset correct one:
    And the UE4 result:

Thank you again!

PS. Do you know where i can find more tutorials or info about substance painter for Environment art?