Home Technical Talk

texture african woman face

Defo
null
Offline / Send Message
Defo null
Hi! where to find the texture of an African face, I need to texture.

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky

really man, could you be a little more specific? what do you want to do? what style? Where are you at? What are you struggling with?
  • Defo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Defo null

I made a model of the head, and I want to do retopologiyu texture in 3d coat? but 

I can not find a suitable texture.
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Here is a radical idea: do research, collect references and make it yourself.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    i'd say work on the anatomy more, right now the base anatomy is pretty odd, then you lack all the medium details and on to you add a lot of structure. It's way too early to start with the texturing (i caount pores, wrinkles and lip details to textures as  well) just yet.
    Despite the generic anatomical flaws she also doesn't feel quite african to me to be honest.

I'd suggest do more work with references, maybe find some artists who are great doing black people. 
    Mark Newman comes to mind regarding this topic

https://de.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=mark newman&rs=typed&term_meta[]=mark|typed&term_meta[]=newman|typed
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Defo said:

I can not find a suitable texture.
    Aside from the great advice offered above, when you say you can't find a suitable texture what do you mean? Are you going to project? Are you going to use a generic tiling skin patch texture as a base and paint by hand?

Have you ever textured before? What software are you using. These 'gimme, gimme' threads are becoming all too common here. It's courteous to supply a reasonable explanation of where you're at with your efforts currently, and some images so that people who take the time to view your thread feel like they're investing it wisely in helping a fellow artist who isn't too lazy to write a few sentences, when seeking help, or indeed has already spent a few hours researching and at least attempted something already, based on their own initiative.

If you really want to improve in this field it is utterly essential that you self-experiment, fail, learn, grow as an artist.........in that order.

With texture projection you need to find suitable textures from multiple angles. Don't expect to just find a single perfect image and click the 'slap texture here' button and call it finished. There is often prep work involved to polarise to kill to lighting/shadow, or clone out hair/etc.