Home Career & Education

Student concept art survey. Information for my graphic design thesis! (plz)

Hey digital artists! Are you ready for the non-stop thrill ride which is my survey!? Impossible I say! I’m a student in Colorado going through my last year in the graphic design program.

If you have 5 minutes to take my survey I would really appreciate it. (Its designed to take as little of your time as possible. wow!)

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QP8PG3K

Cheers.

Replies

• stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    Whats with these surveys? Why do you need them? 
    Please write more about it before you ask someone to spend their time on it

• stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    spam spam spam
  • GarethdeNobrega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm doing my thesis project for my graphic design program. It's gonna end up being a mock social network for concept artists that focuses on sociability and process rather than simply a "gallery", which a lot of current sites feel like. Unfortunately the more context i give the more biased the survey is. Also i feel like people don't want to read paragraphs of me explaining it. 

It's a good point though. I don't want it to feel like spam. That's why I drew a picture lol. thx anyway
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edu stuff goes in Education & Careers.

But yes, you should know that most people regard surveys as being spammy. Responding to someone's survey feels like tossing candy into a bottomless pit.

That's why companies always try to give the survey respondents some sort of reward in return for their time, like being entered into a drawing for cash awards, etc. Autodesk sent me a $20 Amazon card for doing a recent 3ds Max survey.

Since you're a student who likely can't afford rewards to entice respondents, I would suggest sharing info with the community. Tell us what you're doing with the data, and share the results.