Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] First Colony - Sci fi environment

Sacrament
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sacrament null
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share my latest work. I wanted to mix a natural environment with a futuristic settlement. I focused a lot on lighting, the general feel and colors. Settlement is modular, modeled in 3DS Max and textured with Substance Painter. I was heavily inspired by the Mass Effect saga and the upcoming Andromeda.

Hope you like it and as always, feedback is more than welcome!

Assets used:

Replies

• hmm_rock
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
    Really nice! You got  a lot of use out of a relatively small number of props. Great atmosphere too. Are the clouds cards? What's the texture situation for the building, unique or tiling textures?

My only critique would be that the flag seems a little simple for as prominent as it is. I'd expect some scifi-y base either securing it more into the ground or like a pop-up module contraption that it came out of. The flag itself if cute, but also a bit simple, I'd imagine it be at least a little dirty with all that sand blowing. Seems like there'd also be a bit more build-up of sand around the legs of the building. 

Really digging this piece!
  • wester
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah I really love how far you took this with such a small amount of assets.