Home Technical Talk

ZBrush Multi-tile Displacement .

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
barmyg polycounter lvl 6
Hello Poly counters ,

I am working on a model with a multi-tile uv ,
i imported it to z brush , but when i try to make a displacement map it is like baked on top of each other ( when you use " morph uv " button ) .

PS. 
the problem could be avoided by using UV master , but it will generate a single tile map not a multi-tiled UV map ,
which will generate less resolution .
the seams of the head could be seen clearly in the middle of the model .

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You have to assign polygroups by UV to view the tiles on the mesh, and the maps should auto-bake to corresponding Udims when you export through multi-map exporter. Even though the Udim tiles are overlapped they are actually still there as you imported them.
  • barmyg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barmyg polycounter lvl 6
    You have to assign polygroups by UV to view the tiles on the mesh, and the maps should auto-bake to corresponding Udims when you export through multi-map exporter. Even though the Udim tiles are overlapped they are actualmusashidan said:
    You have to assign polygroups by UV to view the tiles on the mesh, and the maps should auto-bake to corresponding Udims when you export through multi-map exporter. Even though the Udim tiles are overlapped they are actually still there as you imported them.

I already had " auto group with UV " 
    i tried " UV groups " but the same problem exists . 

• barmyg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barmyg polycounter lvl 6
    i found a solution :
    - go to " Texture map " in the subtools  menu and create " new texture " .
    - that will enable you to import you multi-tiled displacements without generating new displacement map .
    - then the part you want to displace " ( ctrl + shift + click ) on the face " and import the map " while isolated .
     * if you exit the isolation you will find the map projected on the rest of the body , don't worry , isolate the part back with ( ctrl + Shift + Click ) .
    - click apply displace .
    -  ( ctrl + shift + click ) on an empty space to exit isolation , you will find clean displacement projection .

• barmyg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barmyg polycounter lvl 6