Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Design Mini Project - Critique

Been doing some character designs in my free time and I would like some critique to help me improve. This is the latest one I have done, I was focusing on the appearance of the clothing and what it would look like on both genders. Not completely happy with the shading and the faces on the figures but any and all critique is welcome.

Replies

• WanderingVoids
    Hey there, the designs are a nice start and the colour scheme works. I could see this in an arctic type setting. However, my only real critique is that the hanging sleeve (ie, the one on the right) seems like an extraneous detail that makes the silhouette a little bit confusing. The posing of the female character seems a little bit off and it doesn't look as fluid as the male character. The main problem area for me is the right leg on the female character seems to be bending in an unnatural way and doesn't read well. Are you designing these characters to turn them into models or is it just a character study? 

I'd be happy to explain further about the anatomy issues if you're interested.