Home Technical Talk

How do i model these(3ds Max)

MujtabaYousuf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys.
I am building a space shipe part here. And i am having serious problems.
Is the geometry correct.

Replies

• .Wiki
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki polycounter lvl 8
    Are you modeling a highres mesh? Then do the different panels as different geometries! It´s much easier and in the real world none would construct a shape like this out of one piece :)
  • MujtabaYousuf
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki said:
    Are you modeling a highres mesh? Then do the different panels as different geometries! It´s much easier and in the real world none would construct a shape like this out of one piece :)
    I am already using seperate primitives and modeling them. but i am getting loads of geometry problem right there

• Mark Dygert
    Are you going to subdivide this model (turbosmooth) to create higher res geometry or are you going to just make low poly geometry? Both have their own workflows that require different topology. Its hard to suggest topology when we aren't sure which way you need to go.
  • MujtabaYousuf
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you going to subdivide this model (turbosmooth) to create higher res geometry or are you going to just make low poly geometry? Both have their own workflows that require different topology. Its hard to suggest topology when we aren't sure which way you need to go.
    just the low poly. Because that is going to be used in game. And  the client is gonna give me textures.