Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male Character Anatomy Critique

Gistlao
null
Offline / Send Message
Gistlao null
Hey Folks. Critiques wanted for generic male anatomy. Havent put much effect into the feet.

Replies

• philipp.bogdanovskiy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    philipp.bogdanovskiy polycounter lvl 5

Compare with the figure.

Most of the problems are obviously around hands and legs.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Good job.
    Only thing I notice is the torso looks too flat. The arms are missing muscle mass: tricept and forearm muscle. The legs look large and they are a bit splayed out under the knees. The backside looks too wide. The muzzle seems flat.  Its usually a good idea to show a bit of a turn aound shot with at least 4 views.
    Cheerio
  • Gistlao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gistlao null
    Thanks! Here are four angles of the character with some attempts at some of the critiques. The thighs did look too large so I brought those down. Did you also think that they might be a little too long as well? 
  • fhurtubise
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fhurtubise polycounter lvl 3
    Your anatomy has a good amount of detail, I'd start to focus more on the proportions as seen here:

For a heroic figure, your character is too lanky in the torso and arms (especially chest and shoulder width). While the muscles have clear definition, they lack underlying mass. They seem to bulge from very thin forms. Also, if you want to go with more "realistic" proportions (rather than space marine ones), try bringing down your character's height to 8 heads - his head is rather small compared to the height of his body right now.
  • Gistlao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gistlao null
    Awesome! Thanks. When you mentioned that the muscles are lacking underlying mass. I can see that clearly in the forearms. Were there other forms that were like this as well?
  • MorbidPandaUK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MorbidPandaUK polycounter lvl 2
    Not bad overall! I think the fingers look a bit gangly and alien-like at the moment. I think shortening the fingers and widening the thumb slightly would help with that. I think you're aware of this now, but how skinny the wrist is compared to the middle of the arm also looks a bit strange at the moment, I think spreading out the muscle mass in the fore arm would help with that.