The Action RPG Toolkit is now available for purchase on Sellfy at https://sellfy.com/p/kYVX/
Support Email: [email protected]
The Action RPG Toolkit is a toolkit for creating a game like Diablo,
Path of Exile, Torchlight etc... It aims to bring you a lot of features
like the mentioned games in a package that is simple to use in terms of
gameplay and further development. This package can be used by people
that don't want the hassle of programming their own game and want to
focus on the art side of a game. It can also be used by programmers that
want a great starting point to start on a new Action RPG game. It can
ofcourse be used for learning purposes as well.
- Character creation system
: Create multiple characters you can play.
- Combat system
: Warrior class with 5 example skills. Melee combat and Ranged combat
- Skill System
: Drag and drop skills to your action bar to use with the action buttons of your choice.
- Monster AI
: A melee monster that will search for the player, and look for the last player location if it loses sight of the player.
- Elite Monsters
: Rare and Champion monsters with 3 example monster affix skills.
- Stat system
: Attributes like Power, Defense, Endurance and Willpower that influence your damage, armor, resistance, health and mana.
- Leveling System
: Acquire experience points and gain levels which unlocks new skills and more powerful items to equip.
- Inventory and Equipment system
: Manage your items in the inventory and equip them to your character adding character stats upon equipping.
- Random item generation
: Random items are dropped upon defeating
monsters, with random stat suffixes and item quality/rarity based upon
entered drop chance numbers.
- Salvage System
: Salvage your items into crafting materials. There are also auto salvage options.
- Health globes
: Monsters will sometimes drop health globes that will restore a portion of your health to keep combat fast-paced.
- Potion system
: A potion can be used upon pressing a button that will restore a portion of your health
- Town Portal System
: Upon pressing a button you will create a portal that will return you to town.
- Save/Load system
: Save your game and continue playing the game with loaded stats, inventory and equipped items.
- Quest System
: Simple sidequests that you can complete and earn experience, gold and item rewards
- Extensive written documentation
- Full in blueprint
- Continued development
- People who bought the package will receive updates for free
Planned features for the future:
- Crafting System
- Shared Stash
- NPC vendors
- Set items
More features to be implemented upon time moving forward. Also based on requests
: 4.13 - 4.14
Support Email: [email protected]Support forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?142454-Action-RPG-Toolkit&p=695742
Here's a little introduction movie to show of some of the features!
Also suggestions for more features in the future are welcome!
- New feature: Waypoints. You are now able to travel between multiple levels you created.
- You are now able to hide buildings or roofs when it occludes the character by giving it the tag "Hideable".
- Added set items to the loot tables, in preparation to implement them further. Currently there are no set bonusses yet when equipping multiple parts
- Improved the system for armor and resistance, armor and resistance now provide you with % damage reduction
- Added Legendary power affixes to legendary items above lvl 35 in preparation to implement legendary powers later on.
- Improved rendering the character in blue when it is occluded by a building or roof. It now no longer triggers when behind Enemy's.
- Fixed a bug with collision settings, where NPC's and enemy's would be pushed forward when running into them with the sorcerer class.
- Fixed a bug where some spells could be used even if you didn't have the required mana.
- Fixed some errors popping up in the logs when monsters died, but their duration spells still tried to do damage.
- Fixed a bug where your attacks and spells would damage and kill NPC's.
- Fixed a bug where ranged enemy's projectiles would not damage the player.
- Fixed an error where ranged enemy's couldn't find the player.
- Fixed skill tooltips to display mana required scaled with character level.
- Removed the "Quest Tracker" title from the quest tracker, it was in the way.
- Fixed a bug where accepting 2 quests at once, the quest tracker would update the wrong quest kill number.
- Fixed a bug where skill button 4 would not work on AZERTY keyboards.
- Added boundaries to the camera rotation vertically, so you can't flip rotation axis.
- Fixed a bug where resistance on jewelry didn't save/load properly.
- Added loading screens when switching levels.
- Added more sections in the documentation and now placed the documentation directly in the zip file.
- When switching jewelry, sometimes the resistance doesn't get switched properly.
- Ranged enemy's sometimes loose track of the player and keep attacking in the direction of where they last saw the player.