Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking for 3D character artist for Stylized Anime game (Morph Targets)

rabbyte
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
rabbyte polycounter lvl 7
Hello there,
I have been making headway into my game development and have decided I will soon make character customization.

I have returned here multiple times trying to get my character to fit what I wanted, this last time I got pretty solid results, but I want to try and match a standard set by the company Nexon recently in Peria Chronicles.

They captured the shape and proportions of the characters perfectly and used morph targets to fine tune the physique as well as apparent age.

I would like to find an artist capable of reproducing the results. This project would be a long term freelance or even the permanent character designer if the individual so chose.

This would be a segmented process as a workflow would have to be developed by the artist, as well as the fact I would be making payments as targets where completed, this would allow me to integrate complexity to the character over time, and make paying for this project feasible as I am an individual.

Starting with the base model, paying it off and then moving onto specific extremes such as the "younger" version, then the "older", then a slimmer version, a heavier version. I can hire a concept artist if you need further reference, but this might extend the process requiring for payment to be pushed off a week to commission the concept, and then give you the reference to create a morph target of, then paying for the morph upon completion.

For those who are unfamiliar with morph targets All of the meshes would share the same geometry you can not add or remove polys when creating a morph target just move everything into the new shape. I realize that this is an advanced process, and I am willing to work with the artist to make the process as easy as possible. You can discuss estimates for each step of the process, and I will find a payment plan that works for you.

Here is my current character model, if possible to save both time and money it would be preferred to use this as the base for this project, obviously to achieve this the geometry will need improvement the scale and orientation are currently optimum for my implementation

I do have a male counterpart as well as some variants of both for elven style characters

A preview of the character system I aim for 2 mins and 32 seconds in
https://youtu.be/CPvElgdwTVk?t=2m32s

Here is the in game character creator for better reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVfkq14pbk

You can contact me through my email:
R3ngad33@gmail.com