Home Freelance Job Postings

(CLOSED) Looking for 3D character artist/animator for indie video game

Heathcliff
null
I'm making a 2D action game from a top-down(ish) perspective. It makes more sense to create a 3D asset and export as PNG sequences (or equivalent) rather than draw a billion separate sprites. The general idea of the aesthetic is similar to Baldur's Gate or the old Fallouts in terms of pre-rendered spritework used in a 2D system. As a result, polycount is not a concern.
At the moment I am only looking for graphics for the main protagonist and associated weapons. Basic theme is tragic action heroine. Realistic (non-exaggerated) proportions are preferred.
My main priority are animations that can sell a character's personality without resorting to cartoon exaggeration.
That being said, more 'cartoonish' shading and texture work might be appropriate (ex: Cel Shading, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, Borderlands)
If you are good with characters but not so good with weapons, that might actually be okay-- they'll be very small on the screen and won't require much 'moving parts' animation. I'm open to royalty free assets for the weapons within reason.

This is paid work, of course. Low budget, flat fee.
If interested please send examples of your work to my polycount messages box.

Thank you!

Replies

• theazz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theazz polycounter lvl 4
    Hey there, depending on your budget and quality requirements, would you be open to an artist and animator team? I'm an animator and in my 10 year career I've met some great artists I could get in touch with :)
  • Heathcliff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heathcliff null
    theazz said:
    Hey there, depending on your budget and quality requirements, would you be open to an artist and animator team? I'm an animator and in my 10 year career I've met some great artists I could get in touch with :)
    Sure, although payment might have to be split among you.