Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aviation Spy Character - Personal Project

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
omar_0007 polycounter lvl 9

UPDATE: W.I.P.

Went back, did some research and fixed the hair card vertex normals. Looks alot less like cards, changed the eye shape and shrunk eyes down a bit. Reposed the face slightly. Still looking to work on a neutral pose. Thanks for the feedback so far. Keep it coming please C:

(Temp Lashes and eye brows)

Original Post

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying to get work like everyone else lol So i've been working on a character recently, this is what i got so far. Not calling it finished, but this is how its looking in marmoset. Just a bust with hair all fairly low poly, not too high. Working on clothes and some accessories aswell, all still in concept or i'd post those too.

Also looking on tips for doing the hair and like getting a shaded look? Is it too choppy looking?  or does it look great? lol so far its turned out how i wanted but the hair is proving to need alot more attention.

The eyes are huge right? lol i'll update the post at some point hopefully. Hope you like it, let me know what you think.

Wireframe;

Any tips on getting jobs would be really good too, thank you.

Replies

• kaiceps
    Offline / Send Message
    kaiceps polycounter lvl 4
    Nice work so far. Yeah the eyes look a bit too big, the face resembles of a child's. Eyes should be around 24mm in diameter.
      As for softening of the hair try giving the planes more geometry and play around with the sub surface scattering settings in marmoset.
  • Shyralon
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
    Model is looking good so far, however she feels extremly dead/zombielike right now - if that's not what you are going for adding some eyelashes, changing the mouth expression and maybe also making her skin a bit more saturated might help :)

• omar_0007
    Offline / Send Message
    kaiceps said:
    Nice work so far. Yeah the eyes look a bit too big, the face resembles of a child's. Eyes should be around 24mm in diameter.
      As for softening of the hair try giving the planes more geometry and play around with the sub surface scattering settings in marmoset.
    Thank you c:
     Yeah i've editted it a bit to make the eyes look a tiny bit better, will update tomorrow unless i get some work. I think got it looking alot better now, thanks for the feedback c: your profile pic is awesome
  • omar_0007
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon said:
    Model is looking good so far, however she feels extremly dead/zombielike right now - if that's not what you are going for adding some eyelashes, changing the mouth expression and maybe also making her skin a bit more saturated might help :)

Ah haha yeah forgot about the lashes and eye brows lol, thanks, i did them but i guess it wasnt in the scene. Thanks for the feedback, I was going for dead and cold lol so thats good i guess, i'll change up the facial expression a bit c:
  • omar_0007
    Offline / Send Message