Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Viking character

shubham kumar
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
shubham kumar polycounter lvl 10
Hi everyone this is my first character for portfolio , It took me one month to create him.
i faced some rigging problems specially with torn cloth  but somehow i posed him :)
skin is hand painted in substance painter .
Two 2K and Two 1K texture sets 
35770 Triangles without Axe 
i also made a blend shape in zbrush just for knowing Blendshape pipeline .
hope you guys like it .   :)  :)

Replies

• Tomtegubbe
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomtegubbe triangle
    Ibn Fadlan describes the Rus and at one point he mentioned that all the men were tattooed from the tips of their fingers to their necks. The tattoos were dark green figures of trees and symbols. It is likely, however, that the tattoos were probably dark blue, a color that comes from using wood ash to dye the skin. While Ibn Fadlan describes the tattoos as trees, he could have see the Vikings trademark gripping beast or other knotwork patterns of which the Vikings were fond.
    Blue tattoos of beasts and trees, might be more accurate. Also vikings were really just farmers, they lived in the cold north so a bare chested viking was probably a rare sight. A farmer's garb like this on a tall muscular guy would probably be more accurate.

It's hard to see what's going on in the face due to the helmet, horns are a myth btw. My first impression is that he looks slavic, vikings are famously blonde and ginger many blondes do become brunettes as they grow older but then you usually get a bit of grey in the hair as well. Scandinavians also have particular facial features, it's not hard to distinguish say Agnetha from ABBA from a slavic woman. Same would go for the men, but I'm just nitpicking.

I would say it looks like a very decent barbarian, a viking would look slightly different. But overall great work! :)
  • shubham kumar
    Offline / Send Message
    shubham kumar polycounter lvl 10
    thanks Tomtegubbe , i found out few concepts and followed them but yeah thanks i will keep in mind what you said and improve. :)