Home Technical Talk

The Rig on my characters arm is barely following the rest of my rig

Steampoweredman483
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Steampoweredman483 polycounter lvl 2
Hey all, 

i'm having another issue here with my rig, I have finished rigging my arm and had attached it to the chest of my rig, I have no problem getting the arm to move any where but following the torso when I twist it. 

is there an easy fix to this? I have a feeling I had missed something here, but I could not find what it is. 

Thanks!!

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rigging problems are really hard to diagnose with just screenshots, usually its something with the way things are connected so it really depends on how you attached the arm to the torso.

Are those your skin joints, IK joints, FK joints?

How are you controlling the arm? What is it following?

Did you point constrain it? If so you might need to also use an orient constraint or swap it all out for a regular parent constraint instead.

Did you parent constrain it to multiple sources and it is taking an average of both?

Did you parent it directly to something that is following the controller but not getting it's rotation from it?

• Steampoweredman483
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steampoweredman483 polycounter lvl 2

so the spine of the rig is a skin joint,

I had skeletal oriented the clavicle (the end) joint to the shoulder then parented the same end to the chest of the spine rig.

Could the clusters that I create have something to do with keeping the arm in place?

Sorry if I'm not entirely clear here...