Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

sci fi, cyberpunk girl sculpt, (WIP)

Travis C
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Travis C polycounter lvl 8

hi all, C&C appreciated since this my first real attempt at making a zbrush character of my design, and zbrush in general. currently working on her legs and front torso. If it looks like I'm doing some kind of rookie mistakes, have a suggestion or something, let me know, thanks!

She is supposed to be a cyborg/artificial human type character and the suit she is wearing is apart of her. I got inspired by the manga Blame!

Replies

• Generic_Human
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generic_Human polycounter lvl 3
    i think the idea is nice but at the moment it has detail just everywhere it needs some space where the eyes can rest, actually if you are working on design you should focus on the silhouette rather than the details at this stage. if you turn your character black you would see that the silhouette is very generic at this moment so unless you are going for a tight suit i would go crazy with the shapes :)
    oh i almost forgot cubebrush has some very nice tips regarding design you should definitively check them out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n94ggmsVDg 
    keep going!
  • Travis C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -
    hey thanks mate, I watched the vid and going to see if I can simplify some parts. Truth is I find it harder to simplify haha.

My original intention was to have the suit somewhat tight since it is apart of her and I want it to be sort of a base where I can add on gizmos, gadgets, and maybe an attatchable skirt. Like a customizable game character where you start off kind of with nothing and then you slowly add on stuff as you progress and loot items. but yes it seems by doing that i made the silloutte kind of bland and im gonna see if i can do something about it, thanks!
  • Travis C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some progress. worked the legs and attempted to simplify and add more to the silloutte of the design a tiny bit and it seems to work better. there are also 2 closer turntables in the video.
    i lightly painted it to get a general feel before moving on to add in some deeper alphas and then i guess i'll start baking, then do the real texturing from there. c&c appreciated, if not thanks for taking a look!