Home Adobe Substance

I need help/ Baking with Substance painter

Ozzyhun
null
Offline / Send Message
Ozzyhun null
Hey, guys so, i need some help... I modelled a simply cemetery stone in maya and i tried to bake it in substance painter for Unreal engine 4, i have low poly, high poly i named them correctly for sub painter, i tired to rescale them, its not working with or without a cage, i positioned the low poly and the high poly and the cage correctly too, i think

when the program is done its still low poly, i mean some parts! not all of it you can see the high poly emerging from the low poly , i tired to play with the frontal and the rare distance, but im stuck nothing seem to work, please if you have any idea  what i might have missed share with me :D thank you

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Can you share your meshes?
  • juggulator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juggulator polycounter lvl 5
    Ozzyhun said:
    Hey, guys so, i need some help... I modelled a simply cemetery stone in maya and i tried to bake it in substance painter for Unreal engine 4, i have low poly, high poly i named them correctly for sub painter, i tired to rescale them, its not working with or without a cage, i positioned the low poly and the high poly and the cage correctly too, i think

when the program is done its still low poly, i mean some parts! not all of it you can see the high poly emerging from the low poly , i tired to play with the frontal and the rare distance, but im stuck nothing seem to work, please if you have any idea  what i might have missed share with me :D thank you

I have spend several months researching how to 100% accurately bake any low poly[hard edged and smooth groups applied] normal from high poly. There are several[thousand] factors with some being specific to the type of model and others are specific to what YOU want the end result to be. I developed a rather unhealthy obsession with achieving clean, accurate baked normal maps. My process is aimed at high quality, precise bakes without having to make a cage. This isn't something I'd do a youtube tutorial on because certain techniques I use may not be important to other's but they are mandatory in my workflow. I added a few screenshots of a barrel mesh that I did a bake on. The low poly is around 3,800 polys and the high poly is over 4 million. I'd be committing a carnal sin if I were to rattle off certain techniques here in a Substance forum, but feel free to message me on the forums if you'd like more insight, info, tutelage, etc.