Home Technical Talk

Zbrush and armour - Help

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Jakekiefer polycounter lvl 2
Hi there! First time post here, I'm currently creating my character (Viking) and would love to know how you guys would go about this :smile: 

Current stage..

Reference. 

I'm wanting to create the layered look yet after this I have to retopologise such a thing to low poly. How would you go about this? I'm really clueless overall :/

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    The normal map will take care of the details once you ensure that the retop mesh has the major forms and silhouette in place. It used to be that the low-poly would be retopo ed as a contiguous mesh but, more and more characters like this are retopo ed in multiple parts. 
  • Jakekiefer
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakekiefer polycounter lvl 2
    Ah i see, would this be better made by insert mesh brushes places individually or sculpted by hand? Both seem very time consuming
  • Scruples
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    You might consider going directly to lowpoly (hard to even call it that anymore) and using a lot of repeating textures/geometry to keep the detail high.

I'd suggest looking at CD Project's Witcher 3 armor they have really done a masterful job of mixing detail maps with unique textures and repeating geometry.