Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Animation Demoreel by Kenny Tan

null
Offline / Send Message
KCostan null
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDVOPZf21Q

Hi guys! I'd like to show a reel of my works. These are a short compilation of my older until recent works. I do aware that my character animations skill are nowhere good as my fps animations, but I'll polish myself further more in the future!

I'd like to hear words from you guys about my current works. Maybe some advice as well might help me in developing my skills :smiley:

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Good stuff. 

Something to consider with your first person animations is how much of the screen you are blocking with your animation. Especially in the middle of the screen. It will vary from studio to studio, but I know at work, we have guidelines of how much of the screen we can block. Remember that when you`re playing those animations, chances are, the player still has to run around. Hard to do if they cant see the center of the screen. Some of them look like they could work if its just a 1 off when its the first time you pick up a weapon, but I think almost all of your animations go too far into the center of the screen. They`re well animated, no doubt. Just something to think about. 

• KCostan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KCostan null
    - Thanks for the advice!

Yes, I do aware that these animations are blocking most of the screens. However some of the animations are never meant to be used for game assets (except shotgun and minigun, I'll do more adjustment to their position)

And yeah, I'll keep that in mind about positioning in the future. Thank you!