Home Adobe Substance

question about normal maps with a broken down object on the same UV

hell-dew
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
hell-dew polycounter lvl 4
trying to learn the normal map workflow a bit better in 3ds max

I wanted to try making a house and try using substance painter for the first time. From the tutorials ive read if i want to mess around with generators I'm gonna need normal maps but I'm running into is the workflow for the normal maps

I have an House that i broke into the high/low poly segments Ive created all the pieces in a mod set for it. each individual piece is stacked on top of each other for projection bakes with its respective high poly piece sharing the same XYZ coordinates. the low segments are all on the same UV map.

My questions  from here are:
im trying to figure out should I render out each piece individually then somehow fuse the maps? so each individual not overlapping UV island then is there a way to easily combine them?

Or is there some way to bake all the pieces of the house on that texture sheet together in one go without requiring me to combine the maps afterwords?

if i render them out separately whats the easiest way to combine the normal maps? heck I get the feeling this would be useful to know even if its not the method for this part.