Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment- abandoned Theatre [WIP]

null
Offline / Send Message
Vikuda null
Hey Guys!

I finally decided to stop lurking around and start my own little thread ;)
This one will be a post apocalyptic theatre scene.
I will go for a couple of still renderings first, maybe a even short camera ride. I might eventually put the scene into Unreal Engine 4.

The architecture itself will be heavily influenced by Art Decor Elements but in its general appearance I want the scene to feel timeless or the actual time hard to grasp.

I havent yet decided on the amount on fantasy/sci fi props I will use. I am always in love with Endzeit atmo, so lots of desctruction and despair. But right now I favor a more realistic scenario. Think of The divison or TLOS.

With this whole scene I have set myself the goal to improve on the creation of modular environments.

So let's start with some basic Blockouts to get a feeling for the architecture and the space itself:

Next up some textures I made in Substance Designer 5. I really love the whole Substance software range but Designer is a blast to work with.

Feel free to post your C&C below. I will appreciate it
Thanks 

Replies

• Vikuda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vikuda null
    what is a theatre without cozy seats...

I think I will add a layer to give the stuffing some depth and make it pop out a little...

plus I have been playing around with some patterns for the walls.

I am quite happy with the pattern itself but I am not sure wether it will fit into a theatre. I might stylize it and use it in a more graphic way. 
    I am yet missing the fabric texture and the wear and tear on the wall.

• shadacer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadacer polycounter lvl 6
    Looks like a solid start - I get the impression this scene will take a lot of time to do though considering its size, so I'd be tempted to scale down a bit.
    Materials look OK, but could use work - the plaster has that large white area on it which will make the tiling noticeable if applied to a wall, for example. The bricks look a little too flat and samey - try varying up the colour/spec/orientation so they catch the light in differing ways.