Home Adobe Substance

Need help with Substance Painter 2 to UE4 visual parity (things don't look as they should).

KnobbyNobbes
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
KnobbyNobbes polycounter lvl 5
Hey all. Ran into a bit of a problem bringing my Substance Painter 2 textures into UE4. I can get them exported and imported all fine, but I'm having a hell of a time getting my model in UE4 to look like it does in Painter. The main problem I seem to be having is that I cant get any of the nice reflections I see in Painter to appear in UE4. The bothersome thing is that it almost looks right when viewing the model in the material viewer, but in the model viewer and in an actual level, there are NO reflections. Yea, some parts reflect some light and look shiny, but no REFLECTIONS. I've added reflection capture spheres, no change. I tried connecting them to the Panorama hdri image from painter (I exported it out and imported it into UE4), but no change. I know Painter uses cubemaps/hdri/whatever for their lighting, so I tried applying that directly to my model in the material, by connecting it to emissive and/or color, but then it still doesn't look right AND it ignores the roughness/metalness of my model. I really don't know where to continue from here. Anyone know what I need to be doing?

Replies