Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Possible change to ndo creation file name ?

versan
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
versan polycounter lvl 3
I usually start to work (under photoshop of course) on a base baked normal map with just the minimum of details from the HighPoly.
So i open photoshop with my "maps.psd" (base AO, base normal map, adjustments ...) and i start ndo and create a brush starting point by clicking the big convert button. But it start a new "BaseMaterial [Normal].psd" wich is located under "C Users name AppData Roaming previewer gN - FR - OwlP" and i don't want that. I want ndo to work with my "maps.psd".
Is this possible or do i need to "save as" to my maps.psd (and delete the new previewer folder) each time i start a creation ?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    If you're converting an active document, NDO will always call the document BaseMaterial [Normal].PSD so that 3DO will apply it to the default primitives which have the same material name, ensuring you can preview what you're working on.

If you use NDO's Base Creator and specify the filename, this behavior will be avoided.
  • versan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    thanks for the reactivity and the answer, as always !
  • Philsip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Philsip polycounter lvl 5
    I'm sorry. I don't quite get it. Where and how do you specify the filename, because I feel like I have always done this, but I still end up losing all my layers and having a new "BaseMaterial" map created when I don't want it to.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    As I mentioned earlier, converting an active document will create a file called BaseMaterial [Normal].PSD. To clarify further, this means that loading an image into Photoshop that isn't contained within an NDO *.PSD will be converted to a document called BaseMaterial [Normal].PSD.

This behavior can be bypassed by using the NDO Project Creator. You can specify the filename (which is normally based on the mesh group name(s) within your exported model) and save location using this tool. Converting any layer within an NDO document will contain that layer within the NDO document.