Home Contests & Challenges Archives XMD Contest

WIP Carrie Sloane - Environment

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Carabiner greentooth
Just setting up a thread! My vague idea so far is to do a natural history museum, with a big animal or skeleton hanging in the middle.

Replies

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Got some rough concept stuff out. I had originally planned for the right side to be a balcony with more stuff, but I think I'll leave that out unless I'm going super fast.

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Basic blockout, dudes for scale.

• AllyAlbon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AllyAlbon interpolator
    looking great!  If it were me, I would make the whale much bigger, more of a central focus - and make it alien in nature.  A lot of fun to be had with this one, looking forward to seeing more!
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    AllyAlbon said:
    looking great!  If it were me, I would make the whale much bigger, more of a central focus - and make it alien in nature.  A lot of fun to be had with this one, looking forward to seeing more!
    That's probably a good idea! I shall experiment with that. Something I'm struggling with is making things feel scifi and not just art deco, but I think that as I progress with things that'll just be important to keep in mind.
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    Got some basic textures in there (wood floor, a green tile on the wall but I'm not really digging it so will probably change to a more basic stone) and worked on the skylight model and blocking out texture. Gotta refine the roughness/metalness values for the skylight trim pieces. Wood floor is too contrast-y. Also grabbed some fog and god rays from Unreal's content examples to give it more of the atmosphere I'm going for. (Lighting is uh, very green at the moment but it's all placeholder.).

• Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    First pass at model and basic texture for the big central skeleton. I think it's kind of hard to read scale without other objects though. Edit: After looking at this when posting, I think I need to add a few more edge loops to the ribs so they're not as obviously faceted.