Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help with Dan Cox's Digital-Tutors' tutorial

cubek
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
cubek polycounter lvl 6
I was preparing the mesh for Zbrush and everything was going great after i imported it to Zbrush it looks different. I've done a lot of things in Zbrush but i haven't had this problem before and honestly don't know how to troubleshoot it. 

The problem is in the bottom, this is how it should look like:

Note: the problem is in the bottom faces in Zbrush they look like they are not capped and upscaled but in Max there's no open geometry.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Flip the faces there before you export-import back into Zbrush.

Otherwise go to Display>Double in Zbrush
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
    If you dynameshed, does that not auto cap it? I can't remember :D
  • cubek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cubek polycounter lvl 6
    Flip the faces there before you export-import back into Zbrush.

Otherwise go to Display>Double in Zbrush
    If you dynameshed, does that not auto cap it? I can't remember :D

There were some rats nest on the bottom corner piece of the structure for some strange reason, i used GoZ to export the object back to 3ds Max and simply remove the mysterious, unwanted, non-capped faces. Thank you very much for your time and help :smile:
  • danjohncox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danjohncox polycounter lvl 7
    Oh hey awesome! Sorry your mesh was acting up. One thing to watch for is making sure you turned that geo at the bottom into quads (doesn't always need to happen, but will help make sure it get triangulated in a desirable way into zbrush). If the bottom section was one big Ngon its possible that might've annoyed zbrush (though again, not super likely imo). If you export as an OBJ and turn on triangles for export sometimes that can fix this too.
    Glad you found the fix though! Also feel free to ask any questions about the course.
  • cubek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cubek polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you very much, Dan. Yeah, it was a big a Ngon, I will  take this in consideration when troubleshooting this kind of problems with Zbrush import.