Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first portfolio Piece - Woodpecker, CC Welcome!

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
TuncerE polycounter lvl 4
Hi so I finished this piece about 2 days ago I thought I'd post it here and get some feed back and I've been a long time lurker here and first time poster. Let me know what you think. The character's an original design that I thought up for a world I'm building, well it's more like a creature but I thought it'd be good to have a "project or a product" to work towards in building my portfolio for concept art.

Thank you!
link to it on art station, just in case there needs to be a link for the hi-rez version.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JgXeA

Replies

• Aaron Barnett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aaron Barnett vertex
    This is wonderfully rendered! Fantastic work. I have been trying to do something similar in trying to create a world with a central theme and it's challenging but a lot of fun to work toward. Keep posting your stuff!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Really cool design, has a very Dark Solsian vibe to it.

small crit,  nitpicking really, but I think it could ad a lot.
    your weakest part of the illustration right now is the presentation.

I dont think your background is completely white, but it kinda feels that way. maybe ad some big brushstrokes/texture overlay or something could help with that.

secondly I think just blending out the floor plane into the background could help out a lot, right now it kinda feels like the rocks are part of the character.

• neverwander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neverwander polycounter lvl 7
    Awesome work dude! And congrats on the front page!
  • TuncerE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TuncerE polycounter lvl 4
    Ah wow front page! That's awesome! Thanks a lot guys!
    Thank you Aaron! - I will continue!
    @lotet I agree I'm not really good at presenting things yet I will try out the brushstrokes thanks for the idea.
    @neverwander HAha! You caught me, thank you man!
    @dustinbrown Thank you, I hadn't seen this artist before that's really cool! I will continue to try to expand this world of mine, I already got some more ideas, I just wish i had more time during the day!