Home Marmoset

Basic Camera Animation

Alex1
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Alex1 polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys,

Is there any way to create a very simple camera movement animation in Marmoset 2?

I realise animation was possible in the first Marmoset version, it was then discontinued for 2., and will make it's appearance again in 3.

I guess I've just answered my own question, but I'm curious if anyone's got a workaround or any trick for this in Marmoset 2.

Basically, I've got a turntable of a character and I'd like to show a closeup of it doing a 360 whilst moving the camera (or the character) in the Y axis to show the subject from head to toe. Exactly like in the following video, which claims to have been rendered in Marmoset:

https://youtu.be/q3qbVFLkWyE?t=32

Thank you for your time!

Joe Wilson and the rest of the team, thank you for this awesome software.

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Best option would be to render out at a huge resolution then use your video editor to zoom in and pan up at this point
  • Alex1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex1 polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah I've tried that, unfortunately the quality of the image diminishes the larger I make it. Also tried to render the upper and lower close ups separately and stitching them together, but obviously the FoV / perspective doesn't match which makes it a pain.

Thanks for your suggestion.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The good news is that Toolbag 3 has an advanced animation system, with support for setting up keyframes to do all sorts of nifty camera work.

Camera work is possible with TB2 in post as Chimp suggestions. That's the method I used to do the pans and zooms in this video:

I'm curious to know what you mean by diminished image quality with high resolution renders, there may be some bugs I need to log, so if you could make before/after images that would be great.

• Alex1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex1 polycounter lvl 4

I'm curious to know what you mean by diminished image quality with high resolution renders, there may be some bugs I need to log, so if you could make before/after images that would be great.

Hey Joe,

I've attached a comparison image below. I guess it's not as bad as I may have made it sound. The higher resolution version just doesn't have that sharpness and crispiness as you'd expect. Both renders are obviously at 100% zoom there and with the same general settings.