Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

My first Run Cycles

vertex
Offline / Send Message
antonny08 vertex
Hi guys, I'm new in animation for videogames. So,I make my first run cycles, Run Cycle - Normal and Run Cycle -Speed. The character is a warrior. So, i would like your feedback. I want to improve every day. Well Thank you so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4o-mn6XZBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faVcs0kQfac

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello antonny08!

Good start! the basics are there already :)!! I have some notes for you:

The first run it feels that the body from the hips to the head is all connected like a lego , it needs to have overlaps between the body parts , look at his chest , arms and head. It all moves at the same time and without movement in them. Add some waves in it :D

For the second run Is too slow and his body don't move to the sides between strides . pay attention to his legs when he transfer his weight from one to the other :) It also has a little pop in the swings of his arms.

But great start and good job , keep it up! :)
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with @Arturow. It would definitely benefit from some overlap on the arms and try and offset things so not everything is moving at the same time.

I think the main things that stand out is the weight and the spacing. The character needs more weight as he lands and it needs to shift from side to side as hes pushing from one leg and lands on the other. Everything seems to be moving at the same speed at the moment, tweaking the spacing so that the arms and legs vary in speed as they move across the body will help a lot.
  • antonny08
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    antonny08 vertex
    Hi guys, this is the new version of run cycle to normal speed.
    Your reviews are very important to me, thank you very much.
    So, what do you opinion about this animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1lY1q07Leg
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Why don't you provide a playblast instead of recording your screen?
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely getting better, here are a few things I noticed that you might want to have a look at.

1. It seems weird that he lands on his toe instead of his heel when his leg is so far forward. Try straightening his leg for the contact and having his heel hit the floor first. The toe works if the leg lands further back but in this case it would seem more natural if it was the heel.

2. Similarly with his back leg, try straightening it on the push and bring his body up and forwards to show he is pushing himself. There doesn't seem to be a lot of weight being transferred at the moment.

3. Maybe try straightening his forearm a little as it comes forward to add some overlap. At the moment the arms stay at the same angle throughout.