Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: DDO deleted every single layer in my project

Vii
Vii
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Vii polycounter lvl 6
Title. I saved a smart material, then modified another material layer (just changing it's name), pressed save project and everything is gone, reloaded the project, checked psd's, nothing. Lost all of my work.

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I'll throw in my 2 cents :

The fact that DDO doesn't seem to have a "save project as" function is really problematic and is one of the reasons why I don't find it safe to use. Saving iterations is pretty much the most basic way of working safely when not having access to a revision control system.

Now the tech itself is great and the materials are fantastic, but the "automagical" aspects of the program (the way it creates duplicates of textures without warning, and the obscure way it handles projects) really needs to be addressed. People loving the software and not running into any breaking issues will of course never complain about it, but for those (like the OP and myself) who lost work because of basic features missing it only takes one strike to go look elsewhere.

I sincerely hope this helps (this coming from a beta tester who's been trying every iteration of the suite since the beginning).
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I've never actually seen this before - this sounds awful, and I'm terribly sorry that you're dealing with it! If it's something we can reproduce, I'll ensure that it gets fixed. To facilitate this, could you provide any information on your system specifications, SUITE version, and Photoshop version for us?

@pior - I realize the severity of this issue, but rest assured that it isn't normal behavior for the SUITE. I'll do whatever I can to ensure that the software receives important functionality updates - candid, honest feedback like yours is crucial to this goal. Thank you!