Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: black artifact in 3do mesh

Ricky K.
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ricky K. polycounter lvl 7
Right after all the maps ( color id, normal, AO, with and without object space map ) are baked out in 3DO window, these black stripes appear on the mesh. Please tell me what wrong am I doing here or what is missing ? If you need more info, then let me know.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    This looks like an error in your mesh. Ensure that your mesh is a single object per UV set. Reset transforms. Make sure UVs are laid out properly. Make sure everything is welded as-needed, and ensure that smoothing groups are applied to your model.
  • Ricky K.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, the problem was in AO map(which was generated from height map in xnormal), so I generated new AO map from occlusion generator tool in xnormal, and now the black artifacts are gone. But now, a new issue has emerged. DDO does not create new layer, whether it is after clicking on smart material button and clicking on create button or after clicking on create a clean layer button. I even tried to save the project first, but still it does not create layer. Previously, when there was AO map issue, it used to create layers and materials.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Go ahead and close Photoshop and SUITE. Right-click on Photoshop, choose Run as Administrator. Close Photoshop. Run SUITE again. Let me know if that clears this up. :)
  • Ricky K.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1) Hi Synaesthesia, the layers issue got solved when I switched to Photoshop CS 6. Now everything seems to working fine right now. I want to thank you for being in this forum and helping me out by giving me options to solve the issues. 2) I have one non-technical issue, and as this is technical forum, I think this might not be the right forum, so please tell me in which forum should I write non-technical issues. ( The issue is that when I decrease the opacity of glass material, it does not become transparent, it only decreases opacity (means it cannot see through). I want to apply the material to the windshield and windows of the bus above in the first post. 3) I had look in the roadmap of QuixelSuite forum, and seems to me there are lot of new features which will be added in the upcoming releases.So I just want to suggest one thing that please don't make any drastic changes to the existing UI of the Ndo, Ddo and 3Do. So that the future tutorials will only be about the addition of new things, while keeping the existing tutorials the same.