Home Adobe Substance

Good tutorial for modular workflow using substance painter?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
spexel polycounter lvl 2
Does anyone know a good tutorial on how to build a modular level using substance painter?

Thanks!

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Are you specifically looking for that combo, or just something that tutorializes Substance Painter?
  • Eric Chadwick
    I added a question mark to your thread title. That way people don't think you're offering one, but looking for one. Something to think about for your next thread.

Also I moved this to the Allegorithmic forum, where you're more likely to get informed eyeballs.
  • samnwck
    Offline / Send Message
    samnwck polycounter lvl 9
    So the two aren't specific to each other by any means. I'd say first you need to model and UV the pieces but first you need to decide the basic dimensions of each tile-able element you want to use and how you want to use them.

Here are some very helpful thoughts about how a modular pieces could be constructed
    Fallout 4 modular
    Here's one by Michael Pavlovich about how coming up with material presets in substance can save you a lot of headache later. Maybe crossing some of the ideas over will get you where you want to be
    Remaking the Art of Halo 2

I know neither of those were specific tutorials or anything but I hope they'll help you brainstorm a little to hopefully hone in on the questions you want to ask to get your desired results.
  • spexel
    Offline / Send Message
    spexel polycounter lvl 2
    samnwck said:
    So the two aren't specific to each other by any means. I'd say first you need to model and UV the pieces but first you need to decide the basic dimensions of each tile-able element you want to use and how you want to use them.

Here are some very helpful thoughts about how a modular pieces could be constructed
    Fallout 4 modular
    Here's one by Michael Pavlovich about how coming up with material presets in substance can save you a lot of headache later. Maybe crossing some of the ideas over will get you where you want to be
    Remaking the Art of Halo 2

I know neither of those were specific tutorials or anything but I hope they'll help you brainstorm a little to hopefully hone in on the questions you want to ask to get your desired results.
    Thanks! I also found that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwv4vPvVju4, I think I should be well on my way to build a modular environment after that.