Home Freelance Job Postings

[Filled] Concept Artist needed for Main Character of 2d Side-scroller Video Game

drf00
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
drf00 null
I'm trying to build a prototype for a 2d, side-scroller, action RPG and I need help figuring out the look of the main character.

I'm going to need a simple, readable character - something between Megaman, Furi and Banner Saga in terms of complexity - as I'll be drawing this guy a frame a time for the duration of the project. The fewer colors and detail, the better. Trying to also stay away from a lot of rigid, geometric shapes as maintaining those dimensions can also be difficult.

The character itself is still open to interpretation, but they're essentially some sort of wild barbarian who spends the majority of their day recklessly bashing the local monstrous wildlife.

Here's some of the animation work I've done so far for reference. Everything in here is placeholder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqfwyOS8bF4

While I'm still open for adjusting things, I'm fairly happy with the proportions I currently have. I'm not too keen on giant black outlines around all the characters. It was just faster for prototyping.

Let me know if you're interested in working on this. Please include some samples that you think are relevant to this project and your typical hourly fee.

Thanks.

Replies