Home Adobe Substance

Material made in substance designer (sbsar) crashes substance painter when loading

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
I made a material in substance designer (5.4) and it works fine there, i see the output. But when i publish it as .sbsar and load it into painter (2.2) by copying into the appropiate shelf folder, it starts taking too long to load its preview and then it crashes. 

It's not too massive (28kbs), all procedural and there's plenty of ram for painter to run. The weirdest thing is It loaded fine in painter in a previous iteration of the process but done too many change since to know which causes the crashes, any ideas?

Replies

• Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    I'm an idiot, output was set to parent x 4... there is definitely not enough ram to do it at 16k... Which leads me to: Can i set parent resolution within designer? seeing it at 256x256 is rather crappy and i'm not going to remember to re-set the parent multiplier back to 0 before publishing every time...

Maybe a safety measure could be added so that if it detects that document resolution x parent multiplier is too high (> 8k or < 4k if 2gb or less vram, same restrictions as exporting would make sense) it sends an error message and doesn't try to render it, to avoid crashes.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Set the resolution to absolute instead of relative to parent.