Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment concept art portfolio content, would love a critique :)

EVF
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
EVF polycounter lvl 3
Hello all. i would very much appreciate critiques and advice for my portfolio content.
What to toss, what to keep, what to improve on keepers...
Any thoughts are welcome.
Thanks in advance :)
Also here's a link to my artstation page: https://www.artstation.com/artist/emilie971

Replies

• Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Surprised that there is'nt any answers on that one.
    I can't give any feedback since I'm terrible at painting stuff, but imo there are cool! Keep the good work !
    Cheers !
  • miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    It looks like you have your fundamentals under the belt, so there are no comments on that, but I feel you could push the details on these a lot more because apparently you can do it
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    Burpee said:
    Surprised that there is'nt any answers on that one.
    I can't give any feedback since I'm terrible at painting stuff, but imo there are cool! Keep the good work !
    Cheers !
    thanks a lot burpee :) will do

It looks like you have your fundamentals under the belt, so there are no comments on that, but I feel you could push the details on these a lot more because apparently you can do it
    i appreciate that miguel, and will push the details, got you, thanks for the advice :)
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    You've got some great work here. My favorite stuff is "Building sketches and some trees"

On Artstation...
    I would organize just a little more. You've got the Old Town thumbnail in there twice. Swap your 2D environment challenge thumbnail for the finished one. Same with the treehouse.

I would remove the last four images. ( Cat, all the hand studies, and the Yann Artus Bertrand study). The cat and hands are good rendering, but not something you would ever do on the job. And in my opinion, a portfolio isn't a place for speed paints.

You should however, move those images and anything else you like but don't want to put in your portfolio to a blog. It's very common for concept artists to send a link to their polished portfolio and a blog/instagram account of wip work.
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    monster said:
    You've got some great work here. My favorite stuff is "Building sketches and some trees"

On Artstation...
    I would organize just a little more. You've got the Old Town thumbnail in there twice. Swap your 2D environment challenge thumbnail for the finished one. Same with the treehouse.

I would remove the last four images. ( Cat, all the hand studies, and the Yann Artus Bertrand study). The cat and hands are good rendering, but not something you would ever do on the job. And in my opinion, a portfolio isn't a place for speed paints.

You should however, move those images and anything else you like but don't want to put in your portfolio to a blog. It's very common for concept artists to send a link to their polished portfolio and a blog/instagram account of wip work.
    awesome, thanks for the advice, removed the 4 things, but a little stunned as far as the thumbnails since the versions i have there are the finished version :/ they were modified after critiques from co.org. Did i work backwards post critique? lol i guess i'll revisit them more seriously, sometimes you gotta trust your guts.
    again thank you :)
    visited your website, i really like your animations, especially the halo wars one.
    cheers!
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    monster said:

On Artstation...

awesome, thanks for the advice, removed the 4 things, but a little stunned as far as the thumbnails since the versions i have there are the finished version :/ they were modified after critiques from co.org. Did i work backwards post critique? lol i guess i'll revisit them more seriously, sometimes you gotta trust your guts.
    again thank you :)
    visited your website, i really like your animations, especially the halo wars one.
    cheers!