Home General Discussion

Unreal or Other Store

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Hey, I'm looking for PBR props that include the original meshes (fbx or other).  Is that standard in the Unreal store, is it case by case?  Does their store legally bind the purchaser to only use the Unreal Engine?

I'm using a different engine completely,  which while inverting the roughness is all I need to do in substance, the way Unreal needs to bake normals does not match.  The engine as far as I understand is more like how Xnormal does it.  So do these also usually include a Object Space 16bit bake?  (Easier that way to convert over versus a tangent already made for Unreal).

Otherwise if I'm barking up the wrong tree, should I *shudder* look at TurboSquid?  Or any other better suggestions?

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Some content in the Marketplace is marked UE-Only, and that content can only be used in Unreal Engine. Most of those are packs from Epic themselves.

Assets are unlikely to include an object space bake unless it's explicitly stated in the description. 

The difference in normal maps is that UE4 requires 
    the tangent and binormals of the mesh to be computed in the pixel shader. Unity requires the opposite. I don't know if there's a way to convert normal maps or change how Unity interprets them. 
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not using Unity.  Handplane converts your normals to the correct space per engine, but it requires the input map to be object space from what I remember.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How about a general purpose site that would include both high and low poly models for baking for us oddballs who aren't using one of the big three.....