Home Adobe Substance

Working with non-quad textures??

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
I've been using quixel 2 for a while but the performance, bugs, etc... So, I decided to give substance painter a try. Loaded a model I've already baked with 4x1 aspect ratio (that quixel handles normally) and my surprise was that it baked them at 1x1 stretching the uvmap.

Does it really don't support non-quad textures or I'm doing something wrong? I can go back to the uv-map, set it up in 1x1 ratio, rebake and then crop the resulting textures in photoshop to the ratio I want once done with substance painter... but is there a specific reason to not support this? Is it planned for a future update? Any workaround that doesn't require rebaking the assets or repacking uvs?

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    It doesn't support non square baking yet (it's a global lack with both SD and SP baking) but you can bake in 4kx4k for example or whatever your highest vertical or horizontal resolution is, and set the document to the right size, everything else should work fine. The mask generators are built so that they don't stretch on non square textures and actually tile correctly.
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    OK, i'll try that, thanks