Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need some critic

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
iEvgeni polycounter lvl 2
Hi there, Hi there, i would like to have some critics on my latest work. I did a fan art of a Twinblast character from Paragon. Is there enought details on character? What about colors, mood and composition overall?

Replies

• gustavotorqueto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gustavotorqueto polycounter lvl 5
    Hello,

You could add some expression on him, the mouth is too neutra, will be better to see some determination on this expression. 
    I would say that the inclination of the body indicates one direction and the cloth another, seams like he is jumping something but is too close to the ground. 
    That would be my tips! =)
  • miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    Hello. He looks to have lipstick? Is that intentional? Also I'm not sure what materials are his clothes made of...
  • iEvgeni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan  Lipstick? Well i might made a wrong color decision. About clothes, i used leather texture. He has the same material in the game. Thank you for your time and critic :)

gustavotorqueto  Yes, i thought about expression too at some point... but i guess was too carried away because of details that i made. This is my go to problem to be honest. He is jumping to the right so the clothes will react and will be moving to the left. Because there is a little wind + speed, that way clothes will be moving aposite direction. I might didnt showed that properly. Thank you for the critic also :)

• iEvgeni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    This is more of an overall crit. but you should probably spend less time on rendering and more time on well, everything else. like anatomy, proportions, perspective and all that. Im not saying its bad, its just very apparent you start rendering way to early in the painting process, without making sure  you have a solid foundation.

I get it, rendering is fun, im the same way XD
    but the better the foundation, the better the illustration in the end. :)
  • iEvgeni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet  Yes, thank you. I understand. I remember when i had some troubles with rendering, ah. Thank you for your time :)