Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hanpainted Wall Texture feedback please :)

coffeediction
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
coffeediction polycounter lvl 8
Hey, I recently started learn to create handpainted textures.
This is my first one and created in about 3 hours, I'd like some critiques and if possible some general advice :)

Thanks very much in advance!

Replies

• Justin Wagner
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Wagner polycounter lvl 3
    It looks as if you are mixing hand painted and imaged together. The variation in detail is a bit too striking I think. It is coming along but I would recommend also working on the grout lined and getting them a bit more "flowy" or painterly. Definitely good for a 3 hr session I think tho.
  • coffeediction
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks :)
    Yep I had to cheat a bit, and generate a detailmap in PS.
    After around 12 hours I took a look at the texture and you're very right about the grout lines, also the variation could be better :)
    Thanks for the help.
    And I made another one, without cheating this time, just generated a cloud background and basecolor and let it distort a bit to get this look. It could be also done with the brush, but takes more time, same result.
    around 4 hours cause of shapes and more details:

I think I just need to draw more and more and more until its refined to look better and more crisp
    Thanks!

• Shiv0r
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiv0r polycounter lvl 8
    Haha fuck, I post my stuff in the wrong thread. /facepalm
    Here some Feedback for your wood texture
    I would spend more time on the depth information from the texture because at the moment it is pretty flat.  I made a rough overpainting to visualize what i mean hopefully it will help you.

• coffeediction
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I get it, thanks for the effort shiv0r!
    I will spend more time now and refine my works
    cheers