Home Dota 2

State of the Workshop?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
two_larsens polycounter lvl 6
So, I've taken quite a break from making items for Dota 2 Workshop, and am now going to make a set for the Warhammer themed run; and am looking forward to it.  Now, having been out of it for so long, quite a lot - it appears to me, has changed - for instance the way the voting system works, bring in items, and also, it looks like several people who were/are prolific, no longer are in it - maybe I'm wrong about that.
  Do as many people contribute to the store, as they did a couple of years ago?  Also, is it more difficult getting sets in now, rather than in the past?  It was difficult before - to the point of it being a bit of a lottery.
  I'm looking at it now and am not sure exactly what is going on.  Store in good shape - people as thrilled and exited about the store still?

Anyway, I was wondering.

Replies

• Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    I wouldn't say it's all that different. The sets being accepted now a days are from a much broader group of people compared to a few years back. Along those same lines, I would say it's more difficult to get a set in now a days because the quality and quantity of sets in the workshop has gone up. However some accepted sets still make me question that. You will see some high quality sets passed up for lower quality sets that are just flashy. 
    As far as revenue goes, the store is in as good of state as it's ever been.