Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Characters for my sideproject, DungeonCat.

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Connecta polycounter lvl 7
Hey y'all! 
I'm working on a little game on the side during the free time I get when I come home from work. So I haven't spent that much time on each animation and therefore I'd love to get another pair of eyes on them for feedback!

Gonna try a new thing with embedding sketchfab instead of renders (it's for a game after all - gotta be able to see them in all angles...) - hope it works.

There's a couple of animations on both characters, if you have the time I'd love your feedback/Critique!
model
model
Characters are done by my friend Oskar - I'm only animating/rigging/blueprinting.

/M

Replies

• Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    Got to say, you have done a fantastic job getting the characters across, the Enemy spinning attack really stands out to me as been really well done! The secondary motion with the helmet and the fabric piece on said helmet really sell it. Think my only real critique would be the run on the enemy, it is really comical and in itself is well done however I feel that would work only if he is running away from battle, maybe doing a combat run where he is a bit more confident moving forward towards the player?
  • Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Connecta polycounter lvl 7
    Hey @Rmunday, Thanks!:) 
    Yeah - I see what you mean with the run, I'll fix a 'normal' run and play this one when he is fleeing.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    These are fun! My one feedback is the Note animations are too similar.