Home Adobe Substance

Substance Designer - problem with Metallic map in Unity

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
eldanu polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys!
I'm learning Substance Designer
When I export the sbsar from Designer to unity the model is too shiny.
why this happens ? also happens with Substance Painter but I can solve with photoshop using the alpha of the map , but with sbsar files the textures are stuck and can not be edited.
Someone has this problem?
Or someone who can help me please, thanks!!

Replies

• Andreea92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreea92 vertex
    Would be really helpful to see the graph, but I think either the roughness or the metallic map doesn't come trough in the right channel.
  • Cyph3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    Unity uses Spec/Gloss not Roughness/Metallic. I think they're inverted from each other. 

Make sure you're using Spec/Gloss if you're pushing it to Unity.
  • Andreea92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreea92 vertex
    Cyph3r said:
    Unity uses Spec/Gloss not Roughness/Metallic. I think they're inverted from each other. 

Unity uses the Roughness/Metallic, they have a shader for that, in fact I wouldn't use the Spec/Gloss workflow, especially as a beginner.
  • Cyph3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    Andreea92 said:
    Cyph3r said:

Unity uses the Roughness/Metallic, they have a shader for that, in fact I wouldn't use the Spec/Gloss workflow, especially as a beginner.
    Ah, last time I used Unity it used spec/gloss and it would also explain the issue OP is having.
  • eldanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eldanu polycounter lvl 4
    Andreea92 said:
    Would be really helpful to see the graph, but I think either the roughness or the metallic map doesn't come trough in the right channel.
    Hi. I put the graph. Thanks!! I hope you can help me
  • eldanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eldanu polycounter lvl 4
    Cyph3r said:

Andreea92 said:
    Cyph3r said:

Cyph3r said:
    Andreea92 said:
    Cyph3r said:

Ah, last time I used Unity it used spec/gloss and it would also explain the issue OP is having.
    Hi guys. I put the graph. the strange thing is that if it looks good in substance designer in unity it would have to see in the same way right?
    I suspect it may be a problem of my gpu. You know if there are problems between amd gpu and substance designer?
     Thanks!!
  • ActionDawg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ActionDawg greentooth
    Unity (using 5.3.3f1) does not use metallic/roughness actually, it uses spec/gloss or metallic/gloss.

Their texture packing is downright stupid. Metallic has its own texture taking up full RGB channels for seemingly no good reason, and then they pack a gloss map in the alpha channel. The most inefficient way to possibly pack a texture. AO has its own slot. A++ all around to whoever determined that setup.

On top of all of that you have to gamma correct your gloss before import to get a proper response.

I would strongly recommend branching the Standard material to anyone using it in production to pack that better.