Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyclops x metal gear

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
taalart polycounter lvl 11
Hi guys!
Wanted to do this guy for ages. Especially since the xmen apocalyspe costume didn't do it for me X). Here's my block out. General design crits would be great especially before i go in to refine everything :). Cheers guys

Replies

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    That's really bad ass! I'm loving the proportions and overall style of this. 

Since its so clean are you thinking about doing material definitions like leather and nano stitches in textures or on the high poly itself ?
  • taalart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    taalart polycounter lvl 11
    Cheers bro, yeah defintely gonna do the material definitions and stitches in sculpt. Just coz its so much easier. Especially when I've got a stitches brush :-) 
  • Pralog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The design looks like a combination of Venom Snake's sneaking suit with the color scheme of the 90s costume, which is famous for its appearance in multiple media. but can you replace the gold visor with silver one
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    this is looking very promising! 
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    This is badass, even for the "necro", i found the dude and asked if he can update the thread maybe we will get an update otherwise this was badass and now is old.  Could be one of those on going projects :bleep_bloop:
  • Pralog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Punished" Scott Summers. But the tone of Phantom Pain is supposed to be Darker and it is about how the original protagonist became the antagonist of the story. Scott went through a similar ordeal when he lost utopia and became an international revolutionary after the events of AvX. Thus I'd prefer him to wear a darker costume like the Astonishing X-Men color scheme or the revolutionary color scheme and replace the gold visor with the modern-day metalic-silver visor or a black colored version of the one he is wearing in Eve of Destruction/ X Men Anime/ original movie trilogy visor.