Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Problem with Mask PSD in DDO

Hello Everyone,

I have a small problem with Quixel suite, specifically with DDO hopefully someone can help. Though I feel it might be a glitch in the program. I’ll do my best to explain…

I have Photoshop CC and Quixel Suite 2.2.1 When I launch Quixel and I press DDO… I load my object in Mesh, and then my color map in Material ID. I’m using just the default Specular PBR… I lower my resolution to 1024 and set my path to what folder I want. After I hit create and let it do its thing, the dialog box pops up that says “let’s get started!” and I press ok.

I see that it created PSD files for my Albedo, Specular, Gloss, and Normal. But it also creates two more PSD files… One for the Color ID, and the last one which is the one that’s giving me problems the Mask PSD.

What I’m noticing is that when I add materials to my model and mask out each one to a specific part, the Mask PSD file only shows the last mask I added. But the real problem is after I hit the little save button at the bottom. When I close out Photoshop everything closes except for the Mask PSD and it asks me if I want to save the Mask PSD before quitting. If I press Yes a dialog box pops up that says…

“Could not save Mask PSD because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Properties’ command in the Windows Explorer to unlock the file.”

When I go to check the properties of each PSD file all were normal except for the Mask PSD which had “Read-only” already checked off.

Even after unchecking it, it doesn’t seem to update properly or want to save with the other files and wants to save separately.

Sorry for the long post hope someone can fix the mask psd.

Replies