Home Technical Talk

ZBrush 4R7 Using Deformation Master and Color Options Simultaneously

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DriveJunky95 polycounter lvl 7
Am experimenting with using ZBrush's deformation master and texture color options together. Haven't been able to get the results I'm looking for so figured I'd drop a line here. Haven't been able to find any documentation of the two being used together so any and all input is appreciated.

Using the simplebrush with an alpha and color texture in hopes to bake out an aligned normal map and diffuse texture from polypaint. The singlelayerbrush can't be used with a color texture. Results are either a properly deformed mesh from the alpha or the initial color map, but never together. 

Material and shade in D-Master are checked off. RGB and ZAdd are on. Polypaint is on and filled color is white.

Zintensity and RGBIntensity are linked together so I'm fearful that when scaling back the deformation via layers the color will become too faint to see. Any possible alternative methods?

This link shows the results I'm looking for but doesn't use deformation master so controlling/scaling the brush would be a real pain in the @$$!

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163732-Fully-Coloured-Alpha-Based-Decal-Sculpting