Home Adobe Substance

Is there a way to paint into a different uv channel ?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
Hello,

I'm actually doing some environements decals and i use substance to try them.

Uv channel 1 is for texture tilling on my object. [Huge  building, with multi maps on it sometime reused in different places].

Currently if i paint into channel 1 my texture decal is repeated everywhere. I would like to use Uvchannel 2 or 3 to project all my decals like this they will not be repeated and i could do the composition i want for the client.

So my question is :

-Is there a way to paint on a different uv channel ???

Thanks.
Massimo 

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    No, painting is limited to UV0 at this point. You can have specific channels using a different UV channel but you will need a custom shader and will only be able to use fill layers, generators, etc. no painting.
  • Cathodeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
    Hum,

Thanks for the answer Jeremie. Is there any chance for an implementation in the future ? That could be of an immense use for video games environement artists. We're still using tilling a lot.

Being hable to add some details on top of tilled textures is good. That's kind of 'Mega textures' id's tech direction.

Substance is really usefull for iterating faster, before engine integration. I rely on it.

Massimo.

Talking english with a french guy when french is my mother tongue is kind of odd ;-)