Home Quixel Megascans

Opacity Map / UE4 Issue - Images Provided

Ginsplosion
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ginsplosion polycounter lvl 2
Evening,

Starting the texturing phase of a mini summer project and I'm having some issues with the glass material. I'll admit I'm fairly new to alphas/opacity/translucency on the whole but otherwise quite well versed.

I've provided clear screenshots below showing what my problem is.

For this glass I added an opacity mask and added the 'Windowed Glass' material to the relevant faces. Here is how it displayed in Quixels 3D0 once I selected transparent mode (otherwise it's simply solid):

And here is a quick UE4 tutorial level with my asset/maps and a few lights thrown in. Basically the opacity map works to some extent when plugged into the 'opacity mask' option and I change the material setting to 'Masked' from Opaque.

What I'm going for is the Quixel look, I actually want to see the glass itself, you can see this is literally just see through there's no other details making up the surface detail whatsoever.

Here is the setup of my central chamber specific material:

I'd much appreciate any help so I can move onto my second texturing pass and wrap up this project.

Replies

• Ginsplosion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ginsplosion polycounter lvl 2
    Update: Tried translucency as a blend mode already with both my opacity map plugged into 'Opacity' and  'Opacity Mask' both neither are working. Having it in opacity mask with translucency set though does create a really poor blurred surface though. Not sure what's going on to be honest.

Either way, still not getting the proper surface detail at all though sadly.